Once the working areas have been set, the next step is to create working times/shifts in the duty rota.
There are two different types of shifts:
1. Create individual working times/shift
Click on the symbol "Calendar" on the left-hand side in the navigation → then click on an empty field in the weekly view on the right-hand side, on the day on which you want to create the working time or shift
Now the window will open in which you can specify the shift:
- you select the working area, enter the minimum amount of employees for this shift, and specify the date and the start/end of the working time
- subsequently confirm with "Save"
The entire process is shown here again:
2. Create recurring working times/shift
A recurrence is a normal shift that repeats itself in a cycle that you specify.
A recurrence can be set as follows:
Click on the "Calendar" symbol on the left-hand side in the navigation → then click on the white gear icon in one of the set shifts to allow you to edit it; or directly create a recurrence in a newly set shift. → Click on "Set recurrence" in the shift.
- You can define in which cycle the recurrence should take place (daily, weekly, monthly, annually) under "Period".
- The span between the shifts is established when you set the intervals.
- You state when the recurrence should start by specifying the date.
- With the selection of weekdays, you can define on which days the recurrence should be repeated (with the period "Weekly").
- To let the shift or working time run indefinitely, leave the tick placed on "Never". Otherwise, you can also specify an end date or an end after x recurrences.
NOTE: Your calendar will only show you the shifts for one year in the future. However, the scheduling for weeks in the far future also runs in the background.
- The repetition for the selected shift will be saved by clicking on "Create".
- Once you press "Save", the entire recurrence is now saved and the system logs the specified sequence. This may take a moment.